Dear University City Resident,
The City of University City uses the Council-Manager form of government, under which elected City Council members hire the City Manager to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the municipal code and policies approved by elected officials are implemented and equitably enforced throughout the city.
- Prepare the annual budget, submits it to elected officials for review and approval and implements it once approved.
- Supervise department heads and other city employees.
- Submit policy proposals to elected officials and provides them with facts and advice on matters of policy as a basis for making decisions.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the city.
As the City Manager of University City, I am committed to supporting the City Council to achieve the objective of providing high quality services to all of the residents of this great city.
Lehman Walker, 314-505-8534