The Recreation Department is responsible for the administration and operation of City parks, recreation programs and events. During the school year, the Department also operates a public swimming program in the University City High School indoor swimming pool (Natatorium).
The Recreation Department has developed a limited scholarship program for University City residents who meet the qualifying income requirements. For more information, contact Centennial Commons, (314) 505-8617.
The major facilities and properties are:
· 17 Parks of Approximately 255 Acres
· Green Space of About 34 Acres
· 15 Play Equipment Areas
· 15 Ball Diamonds
· 10 Soccer and Football Fields
· 2 Ponds
· Heman Park Swimming Pool
· Heman Park Community Center
· Centennial Commons Recreation Facility