Which projects require a right-of-way permit?
Any work performed on, above or below the public right-of-way requires a permit from the Public Works and Parks Department, including the following:

Improvements that disturb or occupy the street pavement, curb & gutter, driveway entrances, sidewalk, alleys, and bikeways, bridges, landscaping or grassed areas.

Utility work, excavations, borings, repair & restoration, and new construction where heavy equipment may damage the City’s right-of-way.

Show All Answers

1. Which projects require a right-of-way permit?
2. Are Permits from both the Community Development and Public Works and Parks Department needed?
3. Why do I have to have a right-of-way permit?