Why do I have to have a right-of-way permit?
Public Works and Parks has the responsibility of controlling and regulating the use of our right-of-way to protect public safety and welfare. City right-of-way includes public streets, curbs, alleys, sidewalks, bridges, and tree lawn or grassy areas adjacent to the street.

Whether a job calls for replacement or repair of underground utilities, temporary equipment storage on City streets, or construction of any type that will use or occupy city streets, sidewalks or grassy areas, users must obtain a right-of-way permit from the Public Works and Parks Department.

Show All Answers

1. Which projects require a right-of-way permit?
2. Are Permits from both the Community Development and Public Works and Parks Department needed?
3. Why do I have to have a right-of-way permit?