Violation Fees

Payment Options

  • Violations which can be paid without a court appearance
  • If you were involved in an ACCIDENT, you must appear in court
  • Fines and court costs are listed below
  • Payable by: cash, credit card, check or money order (made payable to: City of University City) or online at
  • Downloadable copy of Violation Fees click here.

Moving Violations


10 - 15 mph over $112.00
16 - 20 mph over $127.00
21 mph and over APPEAR IN COURT

Moving (Points Accessible)

Electronic Signal/Stop Sign $112.00
Following Too Close $112.00
Fail to Yield Right of Way $112.00
Failure to Signal $112.00
Improper Turn $112.00
Improper Lane Use $112.00
Improper Passing $112.00
Driving Without Headlights $112.00
One Headlight $112.00
Failure to Dim Headlights $112.00
No Proof of Insurance $152.00
Expired or No Drivers License $152.00
Not Motorcycle Qualified $112.00
No Helmet $112.00
Impeding or blocking Traffic $112.00
Drove on Closed Road $112.00
Driving off Roadway $112.00
Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle $227.00

NON-MOVING (No Points Accessible)

Driving Without Tail-lights
Expired State License Plates
One License Plate $112.00
Plates of Another $152.00
No License Plate Light $112.00
Fail to Register Vehicle $112.00
Inspection Sticker Violation $112.00
Vision Reducing Material (Tinted Windows) $112.00
Violation Seatbelt $10.00
Violation Child Restraint $76.50