Report a Nuisance


The City of University City has developed an even easier way to report property nuisances! 
You can still notify the City of property nuisance complaints by: 

What issues should be reported on the Property Nuisance Hotline? 

Property "Nuisance" means a continuing or recurring act or physical condition which is made, permitted, or allowed by any owner on any premises or public property which is injurious or detrimental to the health, safety, welfare, or convenience of the inhabitants of University City, or any act or condition so designated by Statute or ordinance.

The following are typical property nuisances, and can be called reported on the Property Nuisance Hotline:

  • Tall grass or weeds
  • Cut brush or limbs
  • Litter / rubbish / garbage
  • Overflowing dumpsters
  • Dumpsters that are not emptied regularly
  • Derelict or abandoned vehicles
  • Graffiti
  • Excessive animal feces in yards
  • Stagnant water / pools that are not maintained

Complaints left on the Property Nuisance Hotline will be entered into the City’s online Code Enforcement and Permitting system called “MyGov”. You can search MyGov to determine if a nuisance or other issue has already been reported on a property or to check the status of a complaint you reported. MyGov can be accessed by following this LINK. Simply enter the property address in the form and the click search.

As always, if you want to speak directly to a staff member, you can call the Planning & Development main line at (314) 505-8500.